The Stand Up Guys nonprofit organization is working to end violence against women and they need our help.
Their overarching mission is to raise awareness about men’s violence against women and girls and to promote gender equality in our communities. They accomplish this mission through education, community projects and by holding events and activities that raise awareness.
Right now however they need men to sign their pledge. They are gathering signatures for their Stand Up Guys pledge with a goal of 10,000 and they are already approaching the 2,000 mark. Please help by adding your signature and passing the information along. They aren’t asking us for much and their cause is a noble one so please lend your support.
Stand Up Guys Pledge
- I pledge to treat all women in my life with dignity, respect & equality.
- I pledge to take the time to listen to the women in my life and acknowledge that their perspective is valuable and is equally important as mine.
- I pledge to have the courage to speak out about sexist values, attitudes and beliefs that perpetuate violence against women.
- I pledge to never commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women, sexual assault or domestic violence.
- I pledge to learn, practice and teach non-violent methods to resolve conflict.
To Sign the SUG pledge form online: Click Here
To learn more about the Stand Up Guys organzation visit their site: StandUpGuys.org